The USAID Tajikistan Land Reform and Farm Restructuring Project (LRFRP) consolidates the gains achieved under the previous project and focuses on building the capacity of Government of Tajikistan (GoT) stakeholders to take ownership of the land tenure reform process. Specifically, the project strengthens the capacity of the Tajik Government to introduce progressive land legislation and policies based on “freedom to farm” principles; enhance farmers’ awareness of land-related rights through training, legal assistance, and public outreach efforts; and provide technical training on land rights issues to local government officials, judges, public prosecutors, and defense advocates to promote fair administration of land tenure laws.
Summary of Quarterly Achievements
- Project representatives presented LRFRP goals and an overview of planned activities at a FTF/T partners meeting.
- The project team established a platform for dialogue through official letters between the project and Presidential Apparatus, Ministry of Justice, Ministry of Agriculture, State Committee on Land Management, and Geodesy.
- Conducted an analysis of TV, radio, and newspaper outlets for LRFRP public outreach activities in the Khatlon Region.
- Conducted a survey of existing training materials related to land reform to ensure consistency and accuracy with respect to current legislation.
- Developed the Year 1 work plan, performance monitoring and evaluation plan (PMEP), and grants manual.
- Established main project office in Dushanbe.