Strengthening Tenure and Resource Rights (STARR) II Indefinite Delivery Indefinite Quantity Contract (IDIQ)
The STARR II IDIQ—managed by the E3/Land and Urban Office—is a $650 million, multi-faceted field support mechanism available for field Missions and other USAID Offices and Bureaus to buy in to for activities through July 2025. STARR II is designed to provide short- and long-term technical assistance to improve land tenure, property rights, and resource governance through targeted interventions or integrated activities in support of broader development objectives.
Given the cross-cutting nature of property rights and resource governance issues, Task Orders under STARR II can cover a wide variety of sectors, including: food security, economic growth, conflict mitigation and management, democracy and governance, environment and natural resource management, artisanal and small-scale mining, and key self-reliance issues, such as domestic resource mobilization and women’s economic empowerment.
Integrated Land and Resource Governance (ILRG)
The Integrated Land and Resource Governance (ILRG) program—managed by the E3/Land and Urban Office—is a broad, multi-faceted field support mechanism available for field Missions and USAID/Washington operating units to buy into for activities through July 2021, with options years extending to July 2023. ILRG can provide short- and long-term technical assistance, analytical services, and field implementation across four areas of support:
- Support the development of progressive and inclusive land and resource laws and policy;
- Assist policy implementation, including clarifying, documenting, registering, and administering rights to land and resources;
- Support the capacity of local institutions to improve equitable and secure land and resource tenure; and
- Facilitate responsible land-based investment that creates optimized outcomes for communities, investors, and the public.
Communications, Evidence and Learning (CEL) Contract
The CEL contract—managed by the E3/Land and Urban Office—is a broad, multi-faceted support mechanism available for field Missions and USAID/Washington operating units to buy into for activities through May 2023. CEL can provide short- and long-term technical assistance, analytical services, and field implementation across six primary domains:
- Evaluations – from simple performance evaluations to complex, rigorous impact evaluations
- Research – both primary research and secondary, desk research
- Assessments – targeted assessments available from subject matter experts across a wide varietyof disciplines
- Pilots – limited on-the-ground implementation of field activities to test promising approaches ortechnologies
- Communications and Knowledge Management – strategic communications planning, digitalstorytelling, website management, and support for knowledge sharing events and webinars
- Training – including in-person and online training programs and workshops
To submit a request or question, please click here.